OTTAWA, Aug. 13, 2014 /CNW/ – Hydro Ottawa is once again sponsoring Special Needs Day at the Capital Fair (formerly Gloucester fair) to give children with developmental and/or physical disabilities and their caregivers exclusive access to a fun community event.
Hydro Ottawa employee volunteers, along with Mayor Jim Watson and city council members, will be on-hand for the special day that features live entertainment, karaoke, a petting zoo, a barbecue lunch, and midway rides.
The event provides the children access to special facilities, with smaller crowds, reduced-speed midway rides with shorter line-ups, and volunteers to help them on and off the rides.
- Since 2001, Hydro Ottawa has proudly sponsored Special Needs Day in partnership with the Capital Fair.
- Hydro Ottawa Special Needs Day is a corporate outreach Employee Volunteer Day opportunity that supports the company’s Brighter Tomorrows Community Investment Program.
- Other support for the event comes from World’s Finest Shows, Schneider’s, Kiwanis Club, Moncion’s Independent Grocer, and the Rideau Carleton Entertainment Centre.
- “Hydro Ottawa looks forward to Special Needs Day every year as a rewarding opportunity to support the community we live and work in. We are proud to sponsor such a unique and important event – one that our many employee volunteers eagerly await year after year.”
– Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hydro Ottawa
About Hydro Ottawa
Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. (Hydro Ottawa) owns and operates two subsidiary companies, Hydro Ottawa Limited and Energy Ottawa Inc. Hydro Ottawa Limited is the third largest municipally owned electrical utility in Ontario serving more than 310,000 customers in the City of Ottawa and the Village of Casselman. Energy Ottawa Inc., Ottawa’s largest producer of green power, generates renewable energy and provides commercial energy management services.
SOURCE Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
Image with caption: “Child enjoying last year’s Hydro Ottawa Special Needs Day (CNW Group/Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.)”. Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140813_C9861_PHOTO_EN_42374.jpg