When someone in the GTA has been injured in an accident, their next step is often securing the services of a personal injury lawyer in Toronto. A personal injury attorney can help clients receive the compensation that they need to move past their accident and injuries. When determining if you should hire a personal injury accident lawyer, there are several key factors which must be considered.
When Should You Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
When a person is injured in an accident, they can pursue a claim against an insurance company or the individual/organization responsible for the accident. Anyone can file their own personal injury claim without the services of a lawyer. For some people who have suffered small or less significant injuries, this is a viable option.
However, insurance companies have their own legal teams and may deny benefits or claims. In such cases, without the services of a lawyer, it can be difficult for an individual to receive the benefits they are entitled to. Furthermore, the legal system can be difficult to navigate for someone without experience. Without the right experience, people can end up losing these claims and missing out on the compensation they are entitled to.
Personal injury lawyers have a knowledge and expertise of the legal system and the laws surrounding personal injuries. An experienced personal injury lawyer helps their clients, advocating on their behalf and ensuring that they receive the compensation they need to recover and move past their accident.
When deciding on whether to hire a personal injury attorney, there are some circumstances that should be taken into account. If a person experiences the following circumstances after an accident, a personal injury lawyer can be of service:
- Severe Injuries: Settlements and claims may be partially decided based on the severity of an injury. Compensation for severity of injury can vary depending on a range of factors, including the type of injury, length of injury, and medical costs incurred.
- Long-term or Disabling Injuries: Injuries that result in long-term or permanent disability can entail a lifetime of costs. Personal injury lawyers can help with recovering compensation for these ongoing costs.
- Medical Bills: Injuries can result in costly medical expenses, which the injured person may have difficulty paying or covering. Insurance providers or a responsible party can be held liable for these costs.
- Lost Wages: Injuries may result in a loss of current or future wages. A personal injury lawyer can help their client receive compensation for the wages they have lost due to an injury.
Why Should You Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
When a client hires an experienced personal injury lawyer, there are several benefits they receive which give them an increased chance of a successful claim.
- Fair Representation: Insurance companies and lawyers have an advantage in the court of law, and without an understanding of a legal system, a claimant can lose out. A personal injury lawyer represents their client and ensures their case is represented fairly.
- Negotiation Skills: Many personal injury cases are resolved through settlements. To ensure that you receive a fair settlement, a personal injury lawyer can negotiate on your behalf.
- Knowledge of the Legal Process: Personal injury lawyers have experience in the field and with handling similar cases, as well as an understanding of the legal process. They are best suited to receive a fair settlement or claim.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Toronto
Choosing a personal injury lawyer? Taverniti | Vashishth LLP handles personal injury claims ranging from dog bites to car and road accidents to slips and falls to catastrophic claims. We are equipped to handle the most complex legal and insurance issues arising from your accident. To arrange a free consultation with one of our lawyers, call (905)-264-8686.